1. We admitted that we were
powerless over lust - that our lives had
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could
restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care
of God as
we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being, the
nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to
amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible,
except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong,
promptly admitted it.
11. Sought, through prayer and meditation, to improve our conscious
contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge
His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these Steps,
we tried to carry this message to sexaholics and to practice
principles in all our affairs.
(Reprinted for adaptation with
permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.)